ShipStation: The Easier, Better Way to Manage Shipments
Manage Shipping Your Way with ShipStation
Does your online business ship directly to your customers? If you said “yes,” you’ll be interested to learn these fascinating shipping statistics.
- 58% of customers abandon shopping carts that contain shipping charges
- Tracking emails have an open rate of over 100%
- E-commerce orders from social media rose by 202% in 2015 alone
- 25% of customers place orders on their mobile devices
In short, it’s critical for your business to get shipping right – and that means focusing on the entire process end to end, not just the delivery times.
Luckily, you now have help managing the shipping process. That helping hand is called ShipStation.
What Is ShipStation?
The quickest, easiest, and most affordable way for online sellers to get orders to their customers, ShipStation provides a seamless one-stop shop you can use to manage shipments anywhere and anytime.
The flexible service connects to your favorite marketplaces, shopping carts, and shipping carriers (including Amazon, Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce, USPS, FedEx, UPS, Royal Mail, DHL, and many more) and offers a branded experience for your customers along every step of their post-purchase journey.
How Does ShipStation Work?
It all starts with your customer’s order. Once your customer places an order on one of your connected marketplaces or carts, ShipStation can automatically import order data into your seller portal, which saves you the time of tracking down orders through multiple logins on multiple sites.
After the order is in the ShipStation portal, you’ll have the ability to automate nearly any part of the post-purchasing process and deliver branded emails, tracking data, on-demand return labels, and more to your customers. This creates a great customer experience that sets your brand apart while increasing consumer trust.
But ShipStation wasn’t built for your customers, it was built for you.
Every function and feature in ShipStation was built to boost your business and your brand, all while significantly easing your workload, so you can boost your profitability. Business-building features and functions include:
- One-stop shipment visibility – a single shipping interface means you don’t have to deal with multiple logins or copy-and-pasting. It also integrates with Acumatica to save you even more time.
- Mobile shipment management – access your ShipStation interface anywhere and anytime, from any device.
- Fast, easy label printing – connect to your stores and start printing hundreds of labels in one batch without wasting a second.
- Integrated with multiple channels (plus discounts!) – connect to more selling channels and carriers than any other solution and get reduced rates on USPS shipping. Keep your same rates from FedEx and UPS.
- Flexible automation and options – automate almost any part of the shipping process, scale your ShipStation services to your needs (great for seasonal stores), and ask for help whenever you need it from ShipStation’s support team.
Why Choose ShipStation?
With the most integrated channels, a branded customer experience at every stage, time-saving functionality, and reduced shipping costs available, ShipStation has a lot to offer online sellers who ship their own packages.
Plus, since it’s cloud-based, ShipStation is fast and easy to set up and start using.
But let’s return to those statistics from the beginning of this article:
- With ShipStation’s lowered shipping charges, you may be able to relieve your customers of shipping costs and cut those cart abandonment rates to nearly zero.
- With ShipStation’s branded emails featuring your logo and colors, you can harness the power of an incredible open rate, so you can keep reinforcing brand confidence. Even better – by including your social media buttons in your branded emails, you may be able to drive more sales.
- Using ShipStation’s mobile-friendly options, you and your customers will have the freedom and convenience of on-the-go shipping visibility and order management.
The benefits are clear – now it’s up to you to take the next step.