It is that time of year again when you need to review your 1099 Calander year setting before printing new checks for 2010. Microsoft Dynamics SL (Solomon) will only let you print checks for an open 1099 year.
The system is designed to retain 2 years of 1099 information. In order to open an new 1099 year you may need to purge your oldest 1099 year. Be careful as to not purge more than one year or you will not be able to print 1099’s for 2009.
Below are the steps to close the oldest 1099 year as provided from Microsoft.
1. Access 1099 Calendar Year Control from the Accounts Payable module.
2. If the Year in which Checks need to be printed is listed as Closed then:
a. Set the Process Option field to ‘Change Status’.
b. Change the Status field to Open for the year in which to process Checks.
3. If the Year in which Checks need to be printed is not listed then:
a. Set the Process Option field to ‘Purge Oldest Year’.
b. Click Begin Processing.
Before selecting the ‘Purge Oldest Year’ , make a BACKUP of the database that can be restored. Once the information is purged, restoring from backup is the only way to retrieve the data.
- Year End Closing Checklists
- General Ledger
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- 1099 Processing
- How to Recalculate 1099 Balances
- How to Close the 1099 Year
If you need assistance with these steps please contact us at Support@DynamicTSI.com .