- This event has passed.
Acumatica Online Training: Maintenance Forms (T200)
July 6 @ 10:00 am - July 8 @ 12:00 pm
Acumatica ERP Experience Required: 0-3 months
Who Should Attend (relationship to Acumatica):
- Developers of Acumatica ERP customizations.
Acumatica ERP version: 2019 R2
Training Description: The T200 Maintenance Forms course introduces to you the main concepts of Acumatica Framework and the customization of Acumatica ERP based on examples of the creation of simple Acumatica ERP forms. After you complete all the lessons of the course, you will be familiar with the basic programming techniques for the customization of Acumatica ERP.
Training Syllabus: The program is covered over three days as follows:
- Day 1: Getting Started with Creation of Maintenance Form. In this session, you will review the company story and requirements to the customization that will be performed in this training course. You will also get an overview of application programming with Acumatica Framework. In this session, you will create a customization project, in which you will create maintenance forms as you complete this course. You will use the Customization Project Editor to create a simple form with a grid and a graph. You will also create a workspace and a link to a custom form to the workspace.
- Day 2: Continue Working with Maintenace Form. In this session, you will configure the data access class (DAC) generated for the page and add columns to the grid and test the form. You will add an event handler for a check box and then debug the code of the created customization project by using Visual Studio. You will also learn how to integrate a customization project with Microsoft Visual Studio to use the capabilities of Visual Studio to develop the customization code.
- Day 3: Creation of Maintenance Form by Using Visual Studio. In this session, you will create items that you need to define the maintenance form in Visual Studio: a DAC and a graph. You will learn how to create an ASPX and ASPX.CS files for the form. You will add input controls on a form and configure the layout of the form in Visual Studio. You will create a site map item for a custom form and add a form created in Visual Studio to the Screen Editor. You will also create a substitute form for a custom form and save it to the customization project.
Partner Certification: This class is based on the materials of the T200 Maintenance Forms course, which is part of the Application Developer badge. Completion of this class does not give you an automatic completion of the related course at Partner University; you will still need to complete the exam at Partner University.
Date and time: This training meets the following three times, and attendees are expected to attend all three sessions:
- Mon, Jul 6, 2020 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM PT
- Tue, Jul 7, 2020 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM PT
- Wed, Jul 8, 2020 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM PT
Instructor: Samuel-Olivier Lavigueur
Required Knowledge and Background
To complete the course successfully, you should have the following required knowledge:
- Proficiency with C#, including but not limited to the following features of the language:
- Class structure
- OOP (inheritance, interfaces, and polymorphism)
- Usage and creation of attributes
- Delegates, anonymous methods, and lambda expressions
- Knowledge of the following main concepts of ASP.NET and web development:
- Application states
- The debugging of ASP.NET applications by using Visual Studio
- The process of attaching to IIS by using Visual Studio debugging tools
- Client- and server-side development
- The structure of web forms
- Experience with SQL Server, including doing the following:
- Writing and debugging complex SQL queries (WHERE clauses, aggregates, and subqueries)
- Understanding the database structure (primary keys, data types, and denormalization)
- The following experience with IIS:
- The configuration and deployment of ASP.NET websites
- The configuration and securing of IIS
Advance Preparations: Prepare the environment for the training course as follows:
- Make sure the environment that you are going to use for the training course conforms to the System Requirements.
- Make sure that the Web Server (IIS) features that are listed in Configuring Web Server (IIS) Features are turned on.
- Install the Acuminator extension for Visual Studio.
- Download the customization project and the source code of the extension library to a folder on your computer.
- Install Acumatica ERP 2019 R2. On the Main Software Configuration page of the installation program, select the Install Acumatica ERP and Install Debugger Tools check boxes.
- Deploy Acumatica ERP instance with I100 company data. Instructions can be found in the training guide of this course.
- Download the training guide and files for training from the Training Materials section below and perform Step 3 from the training guide (page 11).
Training Materials Please download the following training materials that you will use during the training:
Continuing Professional Education
- Program knowledge level: Basic
- Delivery method: Group Internet based program*
- NASBA field of study: Computer Software & Applications
- Maximum number of CPE credits that may be earned by the participant: 6
For more information regarding administrative policies—such as refunds, cancellations, and complaints—please contact Acumatica at 1-888-228-8300.
* We offer CPE credits for this course if you attend the course in the format of online instructor-led RingCentral session. During the session, we measure your attentiveness by using polling questions at random times. We provide the certificate if you have completed three polling questions per session. To get the certificate with confirmed CPE credits, after the session is complete, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Registry Statement
Acumatica is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.