An In-Depth Look at Acumatica Functionality
Select the Precise Set of Features You Need to Run Your Business
If you have experienced ERP implementations before then you know that no ERP product is “one size fits all.” Too many features bog down implementations, and too few features impact your productivity.
Acumatica, however, is a flexible ERP solution that allows you to select the functionality you require for your business. With Acumatica ERP you license only the modules you need now and add more when you are ready.
Acumatica groups features into “editions” built around industry-related functionality and “suites” organized around organizational roles (like finance or customer management), allowing you to focus on what you want to implement now and expand as you grow, and as your requirements change.
The table below compares the features that come standard with a particular edition along with the optional functionality that can be added.
Acumatica has several editions which bundle functionality including:
- Distribution — The Distribution Edition is ideal for wholesale and distribution companies that need Integrated Financials and Inventory, with robust ERP functionality. Distribution Edition includes Advanced Financials, Advanced Inventory, Order Management, Monitoring & Automation, Advanced Fulfillment, and 5 tenants. The full range of modules are available as optional add-ons.
- Manufacturing — The Manufacturing Edition is ideal for companies that need to manage manufacturing processes. Acumatica’s Manufacturing Edition includes Advanced Manufacturing (bill of materials, resource planning, production management), Advanced Financials, Advanced Inventory, Order Management, Advanced Fulfillment, Monitoring & Automation, and 5 tenants. The full range of modules are available as optional add-ons.
- Commerce — The Commerce Edition is ideal for Internet retailers that need Integrated E-Commerce with Advanced Financials and Inventory, and robust ERP functionality. Commerce Edition includes Advanced Financials, Advanced Inventory, Order Management, Advanced Fulfillment, Monitoring & Automation, eCommerce Connector, Product Configurator, and 5 tenants. The full range of modules are available as optional add-ons. Commerce modules are 3rd party products and have their own licensing agreements.
- Field Service — The Field Service Edition is ideal for companies who need to manage field service appointments, Advanced Financials and Inventory, as well as robust ERP functionality. Field Service Edition includes Field Service Management, Advanced Financials, Advanced Inventory, Order Management, Advanced Fulfillment, Monitoring & Automation, and 5 tenants. The full range of modules are available as optional add-ons, including Equipment Management, CRM, Rout Management, and more.
- Construction — The Construction Advanced Edition is ideal for larger construction companies that need to manage Construction projects. Construction Advanced Edition is great for most mid-market companies who need Advanced Construction and robust ERP functionality. Construction Advanced Edition includes Project Accounting for Construction, Financials for Construction, Order Management, Monitoring & Automation, and 5 tenants. Most modules are available as optional add-ons. There’s also a Construction Standard Edition for smaller construction companies that need to manage Construction projects. Construction Standard Edition includes 5 named users and supports a single entity. A limited range of modules are available as optional add-ons.
Suites of select functionality include:
- Financial Management — A powerful set of financial applications used by almost every organization, no matter how complex or simple requirements are. Bring rigor to business processes in a user-friendly way.
- Distribution Management — Works together with the Financial Management Suite as a full distribution solution. Starting from the requisition process to purchasing, order management, inventory tracking, automated inventory replenishment suggestions, and more.
- Customer Management — Fully integrated with the Financial Management and Distribution Management Suites, the Customer Management Suite fosters a team approach. Dashboards and reports provide real-time sales data to accurately manage forecasts, quotas, and results.
- Project Accounting Suite — With the Project Accounting Suite, deliver on project objectives on time and on budget. Manage complex reporting requirements. Include projects in company-wide financial reports.
Want to learn more about Acumatica? Contact Dynamic Tech Services to set up your free consultation.