Acumatica Online Training: Accounting for Projects (P100)
August 3 @ 10:00 am - August 6 @ 11:00 am
Acumatica ERP Experience Required: 3-6 months
Who Should Attend (relationship to Acumatica):
- Acumatica customers
Acumatica ERP version: 2020 R1
Training Description: In the webinar, you will learn about the project accounting processes in Acumatica ERP. After you complete the course, you will have an understanding of how to perform the basic operations of creating and billing projects in Acumatica ERP. Also, you will learn how to capture costs and time activities on projects, how to quickly create a new project by using a project template, and how to protect project data from editing. You will also learn how to track purchase orders by the project as cost commitments, and how to control changes to the project’s budgeted values and commitments.
Training Syllabus: The program is covered over four days as follows:
- Day 1: Billing. In this session, you will learn how to update the progress of the project and review project transactions that affect the project budget. You will bill the customer with a pro forma invoice, create an AR invoice based on the pro forma invoice, and release the AR invoice with automatic updating of project actuals. You will also walk you through the process of using a combined billing rule so that you can bill a project as a fixed-price project and as a time and material project.
- Day 2: Pro Forma Invoices, Project Costs and Reports . In this session, you will learn how to enable creating a pro forma invoice, create, print, send, and approve the pro forma invoice. You will review project balances by using Acumatica ERP reports and forms. As a part of the session, you will also learn how to make the system create a project transaction based on a GL transaction and create a project transaction. You will also learn how to process an AP bill with lines that refer to a project, which affects the project budget.
- Day 3: Time and Activity Tracking and Purchases on Projects. In this session, you will learn how to configure labor cost rates, specify an approver for a project task, enter employee time cards, and approve and release time cards. You will process a purchase order with lines that refer to a project. You will also review the internal commitment created based on the purchase order.
- Day 4: Project Templates and Budget. In this session, you will learn how to create a project template, common task, and project based on the project template. You will add a task to the project by using the common task, restructure a budget before and after billing, and create a new template from the project. You will also configure project accounting to control the budget on document entry and control the budget on entry such documents as AP bills and purchase orders. You will learn how to prevent the original budget values of the project from being edited. In conclusion, you will also learn how to prevent the creation of purchase orders for the project on the Purchase Orders (PO301000) form, which prevents the creation of commitments for the project.
Partner Certification: This class is based on the materials of the P100 Accounting for Projects course, which is part of the Project Accounting badge. Completion of this class does not give you an automatic completion of the related course at Partner University; you will still need to complete the exam at Partner University.
Date and time: This training meets the following four times, and attendees are expected to attend all four sessions:
- Mon, August 3, 2020 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PT
- Tue, August 4, 2020 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PT
- Wed, August 5, 2020 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PT
- Thu, August 6, 2020 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PT
Registration URL: https://webinar.ringcentral.com/webinar/register/WN_UgwwqrP7THC1eJW4ZzR4dA*
*To provide a cloud instance for attendees, we need to generate a registration report and perform some activities to deploy the instance and send out the credentials. All this takes time and we have to do it several hours before the webinar. So we highly recommend not leaving the registration up to the last minute of the webinar start. Everyone who registers after 6 AM PT of Day 1 session will not receive the link to the cloud instance and credentials for it and will have to attend a webinar in a view-only format.
Instructor: John Bonsall
John joined the Acumatica team in October of 2018 as an ERP Consultant specializing in the Construction Edition. After acquiring a bachelor’s from the University of California in Business Economics, he has been providing support and implementation services for business accounting software since 1990. Prior to joining Acumatica, John spent the last 15 years working with Viewpoint (formally Maxwell Systems and now Trimble) consulting on the American Contractor and later ProContractor products. He was the first consultant implementing ProContractor as it launched and been involved including the lead consultant role in hundreds of implementations. John concluded his tenure at Viewpoint as a Consultant Supervisor where he was an integral part of designing and refining the implementation processes. Growing individuals to leverage technology and refining business practices has become his passion and working with the Construction industry had been a preferred fit for John as he chose Acumatica as a leader in technology in its offerings.
For this training, attendees are expected to complete the F100 Financials: Basic course for a better understanding of the processes described in the P100 training.
None. Attendees will be provided with a cloud instance and tenant for training purposes.
Training Materials Please download the following training materials that you will need for the training:
Continuing Professional Education
- Program knowledge level: Intermediate
- Delivery method: Group Internet based program*
- NASBA field of study: Computer Software & Applications
- Maximum number of CPE credits that may be earned by the participant: 4
For more information regarding administrative policies—such as refunds, cancellations, and complaints—please contact Acumatica at 1-888-228-8300.
* We offer CPE credits for this course if you attend the course in the format of online instructor-led RingCentral session. During the session, we measure your attentiveness by using polling questions at random times. We provide the certificate if you have completed three polling questions per session. To get the certificate with confirmed CPE credits, after the session is complete, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Registry Statement
Acumatica is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.