Acumatica Online Training: Project Billing and Change Management (P120)
October 5 @ 10:00 am - October 7 @ 12:00 pm
Join us for this online training where we will discuss the project accounting processes in Acumatica Cloud ERP, including budgets, quotes, billing and change orders.
Acumatica ERP Experience Required: 3-6 months
Who Should Attend (relationship to Acumatica):
- Acumatica end users (customers)
Acumatica ERP version: 2020 R1
Training Description: In the training, you will learn about the project accounting processes in Acumatica ERP. After you complete the course, you will have an understanding of the project budget structure. You will learn about the functionality of project quotes and how to create a project from a project quote. You will also learn about the functionality of the billing rules that are used for project billing and the ways you can manage the billing process. You will learn how to use time activities and time cards to track time spent on projects, and how to control changes to project’s budgeted and committed values and control the profitability of every change initiated by a customer.
Training Syllabus: The program is covered over three days as follows:
- Day 1: Project Quotes and Project Billing. in this session, you will learn how to create a project quote and a project based on the project quote. You will bill a time and material project by using different billing rate models and learn how you can define item-specific billing rates with rate tables and how to bill a project by using these billing rates.
- Day 2: Working with Invoices and Budget. In this session, you will learn how to add to the pro forma invoice an extra adjustment line that does not originate from project transactions, postpone the billing of a pro forma invoice line, and write off a pro forma invoice line. You will learn how to configure project billing to create a single invoice for the project or to create multiple separate invoices, bill the project with different billing rules assigned to the project tasks, bill a project task separately from the other tasks of the project, and bill project transactions that are processed by particular steps of billing rules with a separate invoice. You will learn how you can configure billing rules to modify invoices created during the project billing. You will walk you through the process of configuring project accounting to be able to bill a new type of expenses within projects. You will also learn how detailed the level of your project budget can be and how you can manage these levels and how the system updates your project budget depending on the detail level of the budget and the setting of budget update.
- Day 3: Change Orders and Change Management. In this session, you will learn how to configure labor cost rates, specify an approver for a project task, enter employee time cards, and approve and release time cards. You will learn how you can control changes to a project’s budgeted values and how you can control changes to project commitments. You will also learn how you can control changes to the project budget by using the functionality of two-tier change management and correct the actual amounts of a project that has been overcharged during the billing.
Partner Certification: This class is based on the materials of the P120 Project Billing and Change Management course, which is part of the Project Accounting badge. Completion of this class does not give you an automatic completion of the related course at Partner University; you will still need to complete the exam at Partner University.
Date and time: This training meets the following three times, and attendees are expected to attend all three sessions:
- Mon, Oct 5, 2020 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM PT
- Tue, Oct 6, 2020 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM PT
- Wed, Oct 7, 2020 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM PT
Registration URL: https://webinar.ringcentral.com/webinar/register/WN_XYECOGThQJ2lI_yA-11_AA*
*To provide a cloud instance for attendees, we need to generate a registration report and perform some activities to deploy the instance and send out the credentials. All this takes time and we have to do it several hours before the webinar. So we highly recommend not leaving the registration up to the last minute of the webinar start. Everyone who registers after 6 AM PT of Day 1 session will not receive the link to the cloud instance and credentials for it and will have to attend a webinar in a view-only format.
Instructor: Eric Moreau
Eric Moreau is a Pre-Sales and Partner Enablement Manager with Acumatica. An Accountant by trade, and a recovering CPA, in his current role he is responsible for helping to get Value Added Resellers (VAR’s) to be self-sufficient while also demonstrating Acumatica software on behalf of the VAR’s. He has had various partner rolls while in the Technology sector over the past 19 years. In addition, he has led several courses during those years.
Eric is well versed in the concepts found in Project Accounting and specifically how Project Accounting works in Acumatica. Having worked both as an Implementation Consultant and a Project Manager in the past, he understands the types of things that a student is going to want to know as it relates to the Acumatica Project Accounting solution.
Prior to entering the Technology industry, he was a Controller for four years and started his career with Coopers & Lybrand now PwC.
For this training, attendees are expected to complete the F100 Financials: Basic course for a better understanding of the processes described in the F230 training.
None. Attendees will be provided with a cloud instance and tenant for training purposes.
Training Materials Please download the following training materials that you will need for the training:
- Training guide: P120 Project Billing and Change Management.pdf
Continuing Professional Education
- Program knowledge level: Intermediate
- Delivery method: Group Internet based program*
- NASBA field of study: Computer Software & Applications
- Maximum number of CPE credits that may be earned by the participant: 6
For more information regarding administrative policies—such as refunds, cancellations, and complaints—please contact Acumatica at 1-888-228-8300.
* We offer CPE credits for this course if you attend the course in the format of online instructor-led RingCentral session. During the session, we measure your attentiveness by using polling questions at random times. We provide the certificate if you have completed three polling questions per session. To get the certificate with confirmed CPE credits, after the session is complete, please send a request to email@example.com.
National Registry Statement
Acumatica is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.