Acumatica Online Training: Multicurrency Accounting (F340)
October 12 @ 1:00 pm - October 14 @ 3:00 pm
Acumatica ERP Experience Required: at least 1 year
Who Should Attend (relationship to Acumatica):
- Professionals who want to learn Acumatica ERP
Acumatica ERP version: 2021 R1
Training Description: This training course provides a set of lessons that illustrate the multicurrency management processes in a midsize company, as well as the configuration that underlies this processing.
Training Syllabus: The program is covered over three days as follows:
- Day 1: System Configuration for Multicurrency Operations. Multicurrency Processing in the General Ledger and Cash Management Subledger. In this session, you will learn how to enable the required system feature, review the base currency and configure foreign currencies, manually configure a foreign currency, create currency rate types, configure rates for a foreign currency by using the rate synchronization functionality, manually configure currency rates for a foreign currency. You will also learn how to create a GL account to which a cash account in a foreign currency will be linked, specify the cash account as the default cash account for a customer and a vendor, create a GL transaction in a foreign currency, and record a funds transfer in a foreign currency between cash accounts.
- Day 2: Processing Invoices in Foreign Currencies. In this session, you will learn how to create and process an invoice in a foreign currency, override the default currency rate, pay the invoice with a payment in the same foreign currency, create a credit memo in a foreign currency, apply the credit memo to an invoice in a foreign currency, create an invoice in a foreign currency and a payment for it in the base currency and in another foreign currency, review and analyze how the system applies payments to invoices when the currency of the payment differs from the currency of the invoice, and override the cross rate used in the payment. Moreover, you will learn how to create and process a bill in a foreign currency, pay a bill in the same foreign currency, create a debit adjustment in a foreign currency, and apply a payment and the debit adjustment to a bill in a foreign currency.
- Day 3: Revaluation of Account Balances. Translation of Financial Statements. In this session, you will learn how to create a bill in a foreign currency and a payment for it in the base currency and in another foreign currency, review and analyze how the system applies payments to bills when the currency of the payment differs from the currency of the bill, override the cross rate used in the payment, perform system setup for the revaluation of AP documents and revalue open AP documents. Also, you will learn how to perform system setup for the revaluation of AR documents, revalue open AR documents, revalue a bank account denominated in a foreign currency, configure the system for translating financial statements and a translation definition, prepare a translation in the system, edit the prepared translation worksheet and release the translation.
Partner Certification: This class is based on the materials of the F340 Multicurrency Accounting course, which is part of the Advanced Financials badge. Completion of this class does not give you an automatic completion of the related course at Partner University; you will still need to complete the exam at Partner University.
Date and time: This training meets the following three times, and attendees are expected to attend all three sessions:
- Tue, Oct 12, 2021 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM ET
- Wed, Oct 13, 2021 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM ET
- Thu, Oct 14, 2021 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM ET
*To provide a cloud instance for attendees, we need to generate a registration report and perform some activities to deploy the instance and send out the credentials. All this takes time and we have to do it several hours before the webinar. So we highly recommend not leaving the registration up to the last minute of the webinar start. Everyone who registers after 6 AM PT of Day 1 session will not receive the link to the cloud instance and credentials for it and will have to attend a webinar in a view-only format.
Instructor: Jim Bartow
Jim is a CPA and brings over 25 years of ERP business consulting and advisory services to a wide range of clients in the services, distribution, and manufacturing industries.
His financial background includes previous roles in ERP consulting, management advisory services and as CFO. He obtained his CPA license while at Price Waterhouse Coopers in their audit and assurances group.
Today, Jim works as an ERP Implementation Consultant in Acumatica’s Services team where he focuses on providing financials and commerce implementation services and client assistance.
For this training, attendees are expected to complete the F100 Financials: Basic course and be familiar with the basic and advanced business processes that can be performed in the General Ledger, Cash Management, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable subledgers for a better understanding of the processes described in the F340 training.
None. Attendees will be provided with a cloud instance and tenant for training purposes.
Please download the following training guide that you will need for the training: F340 Multicurrency Accounting.pdf
Continuing Professional Education
- Program knowledge level: Intermediate
- Delivery method: Group Internet based program*
- NASBA field of study: Computer Software & Applications
- Maximum number of CPE credits that may be earned by the participant: 6
Due to this program being offered free of charge, there will be no refunds issued. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* We offer CPE credits for this course if you attend the course in the format of online instructor-led RingCentral session. During the session, we measure your attentiveness by using polling questions at random times. We provide the certificate if you have answered polling questions during the session. To get the certificate with the confirmed CPE credits, please send a request to email@example.com after the session is complete.
National Registry Statement Acumatica is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.