Acumatica Online Training: Payroll Implementation (L100)
May 5 @ 1:00 pm - May 7 @ 3:00 pm
Acumatica ERP Experience Required: 3-6 months
Who Should Attend (relationship to Acumatica):
- Professionals who want to learn Acumatica ERP
Acumatica ERP version: 2021 R1
Training Description: This course covers the implementation of the payroll functionality of Acumatica ERP. You will learn how to set up and assign the relevant taxes to employees based on their resident addresses and work locations. You will configure earning types, PTO banks, deductions and benefits, unions, and workers’ compensation codes. Also, you will learn how to specify employee payroll settings necessary for the calculation of payroll documents.
Training Syllabus: The program is covered over three days as follows:
- Day 1: Payroll Basic Configuration, Work Locations, Taxes, and Earning Types. In this session, you will review the tasks that must be done for the initial configuration of an Acumatica ERP instance. You will enable the necessary feature, create numbering sequence for the payroll entities, and specify payroll preferences. You will learn how to create a work location and payroll-related taxes and assign the appropriate taxes to employees based on their work location or address. You will also create and set up earning type codes in payroll.
- Day 2: Workers’ Compensation Codes, Deduction and Benefit Codes, Unions, and Overtime Rules. In this session, you will learn how to create workers’ compensation codes. You will learn how to create deduction and benefit codes, specify whether the created code is an employee deduction, an employer contribution, or both, specify a source entity with which the code can be used, specify how deductions or benefits should be calculated, specify what earning types may be used in the calculation of deductions and benefits, specify which payroll items may increase or decrease the applicable wage, if applicable. You will create a union and define specific earning rates within the union. Also, you will link deductions and benefits with the union. You will learn how to configure overtime rules and apply these rules to the calculation of paychecks.
- Day 3: Pay Rules, Calendars, and Periods, Paid Time Off, Employee Payroll Classes and Settings. In this session, you will learn how to create pay groups, configure payroll calendars for pay groups, and generate pay periods. You will learn how to create PTO banks and link them with individual employees, create a new employee payroll class and specify class settings that will be used as default settings for new employees of the class. You will also learn how to create a payroll employee record linked with an employee, specify necessary payroll settings for payroll employees, and update taxes to take into account the employee addresses specified for payroll employee records.
Partner Certification: This class is based on the materials of the L100 Payroll Implementation course, which is part of the Payroll badge. Completion of this class does not give you an automatic completion of the related course at Partner University; you will still need to complete the exam at Partner University.
Date and time: This training meets the following three times, and attendees are expected to attend all three sessions:
- Wed, May 5, 2021 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PT
- Thu, May 6, 2021 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PT
- Fri, May 7, 2021 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PT
*To provide a cloud instance for attendees, we need to generate a registration report and perform some activities to deploy the instance and send out the credentials. All this takes time and we have to do it several hours before the webinar. So we highly recommend not leaving the registration up to the last minute of the webinar start. Everyone who registers after 6 AM PT of Day 1 session will not receive the link to the cloud instance and credentials for it and will have to attend a webinar in a view-only format.
Instructor: Angie York
Completion of the F100 Financial Basics course is recommended before attending the current training.
None. Attendees will be provided with a cloud instance and tenant for training purposes.
Continuing Professional Education
- Program knowledge level: Intermediate
- Delivery method: Group Internet Based program*
- NASBA field of study: Computer Software & Applications
- Maximum number of CPE credits that may be earned by the participant: 3
Due to this program being offered free of charge, there will be no refunds issued. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
* We offer CPE credits for this course if you attend the course in the format of online instructor-led RingCentral session. During the session, we measure your attentiveness by using polling questions at random times. We provide the certificate if you have answered polling questions during the session. To get the certificate with the confirmed CPE credits, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org after the session is complete.
National Registry Statement
Acumatica is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.